Apart from wine tours, we organise other tours in and around Valencia; these can be for a few hours in the city, or day trips outside the city. There is a lot to do in and around Valencia!
Tour prices are not fixed, but rather depend on number of participants – the more participants, the cheaper per person.
We also do 2-to-5-day City Break packages for individuals and small groups, as well as for travel agents. Of course we can also book your hotel for you (or you do that yourself through Likibu!), airport shuttle, or organise your lunch / dinner in special places or even restaurants with Michelin Stars, which are still affordable in Valencia!
Just to give you an idea of the other tours we do:
Valencia bike tour
Bike tour in the old centre and to the City of Arts and Science.
You’ll learn about Valencia’s history by visiting the main historical sites in the old centre; then we’ll cycle through the river park to the modern part of the city, the City of Arts and Science. An additional option is to continue to the port area, to see where the America’s Cup and F1 GP races were held, and to the beach. If you like, you can keep the bike for the rest of the day to cycle around the city. Valencia is flat, so riding a bike is easy, and the best way to see a lot in a short time.
Valencia walking tour
You’ll learn about Valencia’s history by walking through the old city center, seeing the main historical sites. We’ll pass by the Silk Exchange (La Lonja), the cathedral, remnants of the old Arab city, and visit the famous mercado central, the largest fresh produce market in Europe, and a beautiful building.
If you’re worried about getting hungry or thirsty during the walking tour, we could turn it into a “tapas tour”: we’ll make sure to pass by the best tapas bars, for a tapa and a drink. The tapas tour can also be done in Russian, French, Portuguese…
After a few days in the city, you may want to escape and get some fresh air!
The Albufera Lake lies just south of Valencia, and is surrounded by rice paddies. It’s (with the dunes/forest between the lake and the sea) a protected nature reserve, where you can see many migratory birds. We will first walk through the dune forest from the lake to the sea, while I tell you about the history of the lake and the rice. We will then drive on to the village of El Palmar, right at the lake, where we will walk through the paddies and take a boat to see the lake and birds. There’s always a breeze on the lake, so the boat trip is great when it’s hot.
The Albufera rice is grown especially for the paella, and at the lake you can find Valencia’s best paellas! So after the boat trip, there shouldn’t really be any discussion about what to have for lunch… After lunch I’ll drive you back to Valencia, in time for your siesta.
But this is not all, we do a lot more:
- City tour to see the moderne and avantgardist architecture of Valencia city: the modern building designed by famous architects like David Chipperfield, Norman Foster en Santiago Calatrava, as well as a few beautiful examples of Valencian Jugendstil architecture.
- Learn to make the famous Valencian rice dish Paella, as well as some traditoinal Valencian starters; you will have all that for lunch, your own paella, with some good Valencian wine…
- Birdwatching around the Albufera lake, where you can find some very special species, not seen anywhere else. Of course, paella lunch wil be included!
- Grafitti / Street Art tour in the centre of Valencia (also in French or Portuguese).
- Learn to make some typical Spanish tapas, including the famous ‘tortilla de patatas’.
- A visit to the historic village of Requena (45 minutes by car), including a visit to the 9th century caves, a good lunch, and a visit to a Cava winery with cava tasting.
- The origin of a river: into the hills (1 hour by car), we follow a small river upstream, through a gorge, to a reservoir with a village hidden deep below the water, a spectacular ‘water jet’, Moorish thermal baths, and if you like, swim in the river (constant temperature of 25 degrees). After that we can enjoy wonderful tapas in the village, with a beer or local wine…
- and all other ideas you may have!!